Hi, my name is Lani. I am a stay at home mom of 22-month old triplets, and Meg was kind enough to let me take over her blog for a day, so I could share some news with you about an event called Blog For A Cure.
I have recently signed up for Team In Training, a fundraising program in which participants train for their first marathon, while raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am doing this in honor of my sister-in-law, who is currently battling non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is 35 years old, and has a beautiful 7 year old daughter. When someone close to you is diagnosed with a devastating disease, it’s easy to feel helpless. Instead of sitting by, and hoping for a cure, I have decided to use the resources I have: time, the internet, and the support of the great bloggers in the world to help make a difference.
On Monday, Sept 28- Saturday Oct 3, 2009, Who Knew? Reviews will be hosting the first Annual Blog For A Cure, which is a new way to use social media to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, while making new connections and broadening our social media network.
It’s pretty simple:
- On September 28th, head over to Who Knew? Reviews, and click on the button to donate $1.00 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you can donate more, feel free to do so, but the minimum to participate is $1.00. The first dollar will earn you 1 entry into each individual contest that you leave a comment on. Each dollar after that, will equal another entry to win one of the contests. For example, if you donate $10, you will have one entry each giveaway, plus 9 more to “spend” as you please on the other prizes. New prizes will be revealed every two hours.
- If you are interested in gaining new followers for your blog, sign in to Mr. Linky which will be active on the blog at midnight, Sept. 28.
- Cruise the list of other participants, visiting a minimum of 5 blogs.
- Click “follow” when you get to those blogs. For each new blog follower that you get, return the “follow”. Feel free to visit and follow each and every other participant that signs in to Mr. Linky- think how many new followers you will receive!
- Feel free to check back all week long to meet new bloggers, enter new contests, and gain new followers!
- On September 28th, or later in the week, about the Blog For A Cure Blog Party on your own blog, including the link: www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com. Feel free to copy and paste this text, and encourage all of your blog readers to do the same.
If you do not want to donate, you can still help by blogging, tweeting, and posting on Facebook about this event, to help us spread the word and raise as much money as possible. Just imagine what a difference we could all make, if we all just donated ONE dollar.
Just think about it.
Oh, and the PRIZES!! Every 2 hours throughout M-Th, I will post a new giveaway on Who Knew? Reviews. Winners will receive prizes from Kolcraft, StephieMc Designs, La Plates, Orglamix mineral makeup, Krizzy Designs, and Boojiboo Aprons, Passion Moon Potions, Silver Mermaid Jewelry as well as many other prizes. Winners will be announced on Monday, October 5th on Who Knew? Reviews.
There will also be a prize for the person who refers the most participants. When you get to the main link-up post, leave a comment on the post with Mr. Linky, with the name of the blogger who told you about the blog party (in this case-Meg!). The blogger who refers the most participants will receive a special, personalized gift from Stephie Mc Designs. If you are interested in promoting your business or blog, and would like to sponsor a prize, please contact me at email@example.com.
Grab the button below to start spreading the word about this event!
Let’s do something- together- to make a difference. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, and thank you for your support!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, and thank you for your support!